AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Fraud.
Fraud losses are skyrocketing for companies because the old model of verifying identity (“something you know”) isn’t working with so many data breaches, hacks, dark web data sales and sophisticated fake ID creation.
AuthenticID uses a next-generation model of verifying identity based on combining a government-issued ID (“something you have”) with biometric data of face/voice/fingerprint (“something you are”). Our solution provides identity verification in seconds using a mobile phone and is able to defeat most fraud attempts using advanced AI capabilities.
With many new Fortune 500 clients, AuthenticID is going through a rapid growth phase and needs people who understand this type of scaling and bring a passion to help solve big problems that affect millions daily.
"Okay?" You might be asking. It's great to talk about the business of privacy, but... what exactly are these solutions you're building? …We can’t tell you quite yet.
Our job is to keep our work out of the wrong hands. But more than that, we need people on our team who believe in the mission to safeguard privacy amidst 21st century interactions. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of privacy and commerce affecting tens of millions every year.
The Senior Android Mobile Engineer reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager and will be part of the Product Team.
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Update legacy code – Take the existing code base and architect it for maintainability, scaleability, and testability.
- Integrate with product – Work with our product owners to fill our backlog per the product roadmap.
- Team leadership – Help lead our Android developers to accomplish personal and company goals.
- Ability to provide architecture solutions and direction for the team
- Have worked closely and collaboratively with other developers, testers, and product/project specialists
- Able to produce clear documentation
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and mentor others
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Can design, develop and maintain mobile applications from scratch
- Able to maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Closely work with UI/UX designers to convert designs to visual elements.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Familiarity with encryption techniques and algorithms generally applied in mobile applications
- A thorough understanding of fundamental software development roles, processes, and procedures
- Experience within a Scrum environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 4+ years of Android development experience; 6+ years preferred
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with scripting languages and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with source code management
- Deep understanding of modular application architectures and design patterns like MVVM
- Experience with Android Studio, Java w/Android SDK, Kotlin
- Unit testing, mobile UI testing, effective debugging skills
- Experience with deploying mobile applications to the Play Store
- Experience implementing Analytic solutions in mobile projects
- Ability to modernize legacy code
- ML Experience is a plus
- Competitive salary and option grants
- Flexible hours and recovery days
- Medical & Dental Insurance, and Life
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
LOCATION: Kirkland, WA or Remote
AuthenticID is an equal Opportunity Employer