100% REMOTE Position. Candidate must reside in the US.
AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Identity-driven Fraud.
Our dynamic, fast growth culture is mission-focused on stopping the bad guys to protect the good guys. Our efforts not only save our customers billions of dollars, but also impede the dehumanizing activities of organized crime, related to drug and human trafficking. What we do matters. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of the digital transformation that impacts almost everybody in today’s world.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to help Engineering with our key product. The Senior Full Stack Developer is a professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product.
As Senior Full Stack Developer, you will work on both front-end and back-end systems using our tech stack primarily based on Java. You will need to have the ability to view your development holistically to cater to both user-experience and in functionality. You will need to understand how your decisions in design impact not only usability but scalability too.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Write clean, functional code on the front and back-end
- General testing and bug fixing or other coding duties
- Problem solving mentality
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Write effective APIs
- Work with UX to ensure your designs have appealing visual design
- Be the first round of QA on your code
- Ensure responsive and efficient code
- Code with security in mind not as an afterthought
- Document your work
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Gain an understanding of our key products – Learning our key products within a short period of time will be essential in becoming effective as a Senior Developer.
- Meet the release schedules – As we have a well-formed roadmap and backlog it is important to make sure you can help drive to meet the release schedules we have, and be a key member in informing the team when or if we are off track. Predictability is going to be a key metric for the engineering teams
- Technical Software Mentorship – You are a senior member of the development and engineering teams so as a result you will be required to work with and mentor the other developers in the methods and practices setup by AuthenticID
- Must Have: 5+ years of professional experience building large scale full stack applications
- 8-12+ years of demonstrable professional software development experience working on projects of increasing complexity and including proactive technical leadership and mentoring
- Willingness to work within a Lean Software Development process doing trunk-based development and continuous deployment
- Demonstrable applied knowledge of algorithms and data structures, dependency injection, unit testing and test-driven development, OOA&D, SOLID and packaging principles, design patterns, software architecture, microservice concepts and patterns, scalability, security, twelve-factor applications, distributed computing, and domain-driven design
- Proficiency with Full stack applications React/Java (or if you have proficiency in Node or Go we will take that too!)
- Java (or Go/Node.js but we use Java mainly!)
- NoSQL - MongoDB, SQL - MySQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Kubernetes, Docker preferred
- RESTful API experience
- Partner and work with key stake holders, lead, guide and mentor junior/Sr developers
- Entrepreneurship skills or experience.
- Creative thinker.
- Strategic thinking.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectation.
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details.
- Active listening
- WebAssembly N=nice to have
- Reactive Programming using WebFlux nice to Have
- Computer science degree nice to have
- Excellent problem solving skills and exceptional attention to details.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in a team-first, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Background check and drug screening required.
- Competitive salary and option grants
- Flexible hours and recovery days
- Medical & Dental Insurance, and Life
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
P:S: we do not have C2C and visa sponsorship available at this time
AuthenticID is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're passionate about consumer identity privacy and a team player who wants to join a growing diverse and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!