AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Identity-driven Fraud.
Our dynamic, fast growth culture is mission-focused on stopping the bad guys to protect the good guys. Our efforts not only save our customers billions of dollars, but also impede the dehumanizing activities of organized crime, related to drug and human trafficking. What we do matters. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of the digital transformation that impacts almost everybody in today’s world.
Reporting to the Director of SRE, the Site Reliability Engineer IV contributes to the continuous improvement of our products, development processes, capacity planning, Testing and Release procedures, Post Mortem/Root Cause Analysis, Incident Response, Monitoring/Alerting.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be responsible for innovating and implementing solutions adjacent or embedded with the Development and Operations teams with an eye to improvement of reliability and repeatable processes.
TOP 3 OUTCOMES IN THE FIRST YEAR:
- Deployment Platform Deploy and manage platform infrastructure that helps to improve reliability, quality, and time to market of our products by measuring system test and performance as well as incident response and monitoring/alerting solutions.
- Improvement You will support the improvement of our applications and deployments through collection and analysis of metrics collected in the operation of our systems including incident response and postmortem/root cause analysis. You will innovate by designing and implementing improvements to our processes for testing, monitoring, and alerting with metrics to show how we are improving.
- Support You will help to provide operational support and engineering for our Software teams and deployment of their applications.
- Mentorship You will avail yourself of mentorship provided by other team members and develop a mindset of continuous personal improvement to better meet the needs of Development/DevOps/SRE teams.
A natural lean toward understanding and implementing best practices in the support of the SDLC life cycle of our systems and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, computer engineering, or a related STEM field; Master’s degree would be considered an asset
- A working understanding of code and scripts
- Proven success using database technologies such as: MongoDB, SQL, and MySQL
- Background in another IT field such as software development or system administration would be an asset
- Excellent multitasking abilities
- Experience or familiarity with all or most of the following tools: Git and BitBucket, Kubernetes, Helm, Fluentd, Prometheus, Grafana, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Ansible
- Security Analysis in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others and in teams.
- Experience with team management tools.
- Proven experience with Linux/Unix Administration.
- Familiar with Python, Bash, GO and/or similar languages.
- Experience with configuration management technology to build automated deployments.
- Knowledge and experience with strategy-building techniques for routine application maintenance tasks.
- Experience with source control tools.
- Experience with continuous integration tools.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer in a cloud environment, AWS Preferred
- AWS Certifications
- Competitive salary and option grants
- Flexible hours and recovery days
- Medical & Dental Insurance, and Life
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving, and hardworking team
LOCATION: Kirkland WA /US, remote