100% REMOTE Position. Candidate must reside in the US.
AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Identity-driven Fraud.
Our dynamic, fast growth culture is mission-focused on stopping the bad guys to protect the good guys. Our efforts not only save our customers billions of dollars, but also impede the dehumanizing activities of organized crime, related to drug and human trafficking. What we do matters. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of the digital transformation that impacts almost everybody in today’s world.
The Senior Data Engineer reports directly to the Manager of ML Engineering and will be part of the Research and Development team. The R&D team fills the mission-critical role of ensuring that accurate data is securely accessible for the Research team as well as the Decisioning team at scale with consistent performance, integrity, and extensive monitoring and logging. Without accurate data, right frameworks, and reliable workflow systems in place we cannot rapidly advance machine learning research or make right decisions in alignment with the company’s strategic vision.
In this role you will build and supervise quality data systems in the cloud, identify opportunities for improvement and implement best practices to help us accomplish that vision. This role is a direct contributor to R&D’s transformation initiative and a key to continuously improving our data processes and technologies. The role also works closely with the Lead ML Engineer and Lead Data Scientist to ensure a high level of accuracy and quality in the curated data required by different teams and departments.
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Develop – Understand the data and its sources and consolidate them into a data lake solution. Develop data catalog as an index to location, schema, and runtime metrics of the data. Design automated ETL processes to populate a data warehouse as needed.
- Support - Partner with the Research, ML engineering, and Decisioning teams to identify their data requirements and work with them to build solutions to collect required data. Design dashboards and metrics to monitor the data flow and lineage throughout its life cycle.
- Lead - Strive to continuously apply best practices to our data systems and technologies that efficiently improve our scalability and agility as a research and data science organization. Mentor junior data engineers.
- Implement data lake, data catalog, and data warehouse solutions
- Build end-to-end scalable, reliable, and maintainable data pipelines
- Partner with Data Scientists and ML Engineers to understand data, automate data retrieval and labelling, and develop benchmarking services and data quality assurance metrics
- Design, implement, and maintain dashboards and monitoring systems to provide visibility and feedback throughout the data life cycle
- Work with the infrastructure and product teams to provide input to improve our data platform
- Track record of success as a senior in an AWS or Cloud environment
- Proficiency in AWS data processing and analytic systems
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Software Engineering proficiency in at least one of the common big data programming languages; Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience in reporting, analytic, and dashboarding tools
- Experience in building both batch and stream data processing systems
- Experience in building datasets for computer vision tasks or curating data for data science consumers, preferred
- Understanding of machine learning and deep learning concepts is an asset
- $100M and upward company scale up experience
- AuthenticID company values and culture fit
- STEM Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Background check and drug screen required
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience working with distributed data technologies for building scalable, reliable, and maintainable data pipelines
- AWS certifications, preferred
- Location: 100% remote in the United States
- Working from Home: We help you accommodate your home office.
- Hardware: You will get a laptop and a mobile phone from us.
- Type: Full-time position, W2.
- Resumes: Please add months and years to your work experience.
- Interview Process: Recruiter interview, technical assessment, hiring manager interview loop
- Benefits: Solid health, dental and vision plans for you and your family, generous paid time off (30+ days on your 1st year), paid holidays, flexible days, paid sick time, 401(k) with a company match (coming), paid parental leave, a solid onboarding process, in-house training sessions, great career advancement opportunities in a growing organization + more coming.
- Salary: Competitive base + bonus + company shares
- Work Authorization: You must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We encourage candidates with H-4 or L-2 visas to apply. No visa sponsorship available. No C2C.
AuthenticID is not open to 3rd
party solicitation or resumes for our posted full-time positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary. We are not open to corp-to-corp candidates with an employer at this time.