AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Identity-driven Fraud.
Our dynamic, fast growth culture is mission-focused on stopping the bad guys to protect the good guys. Our efforts not only save our customers billions of dollars, but also impede the dehumanizing activities of organized crime, related to drug and human trafficking. What we do matters. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of the digital transformation that impacts almost everybody in today’s world.
The Android Mobile Engineer reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager and will be part of the Product Team.
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Update legacy code – Take the existing code base and update it based on recommendations of the Android team lead.
- Provide technical input to Product – Participate in design reviews with Product and provide input about technical feasibility and level of effort.
- Deployment of code base – Have the ability to independently deploy our various code bases.
- Have worked closely and collaboratively with other developers, testers, and product/project specialists
- Able to produce clear documentation
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can develop and maintain mobile applications and frameworks with little to no supervision
- Able to maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Closely work with UI/UX designers to convert designs to visual elements
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Familiarity with encryption techniques and algorithms generally applied in mobile applications
- Experience in an Agile framework, such as Scrum
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 2+ years of Android development experience
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with source code management
- Deep understanding of modular application architectures and design patterns like MVVM
- Experience with Android Studio, Java w/Android SDK, Kotlin
- Unit testing, mobile UI testing, effective debugging skills
- ML Experience is a plus
- Background check and drug screen required
- Competitive salary and option grants
- Flexible hours and recovery days
- Medical & Dental Insurance, and Life
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
LOCATION: Kirkland, WA or remote (US only)
AuthenticID is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're passionate about consumer identity privacy and a team player who wants to join a growing diverse and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!