AuthenticID is solving the biggest business issue in the world today: Fraud.
Fraud losses are skyrocketing for companies because the old model of verifying identity (“something you know”) isn’t working with so many data breaches, hacks, dark web data sales and sophisticated fake ID creation.
AuthenticID uses a next-generation model of verifying identity based on combining a government-issued ID (“something you have”) with biometric data of face/voice/fingerprint (“something you are”). Our solution provides identity verification in seconds using a mobile phone and is able to defeat most fraud attempts using advanced AI capabilities.
With many new Fortune 500 clients, AuthenticID is going through a rapid growth phase and needs people who understand this type of scaling and bring a passion to help solve big problems that affect millions daily.
"Okay?" You might be asking. It's great to talk about the business of privacy, but... what exactly are these solutions you're building? …We can’t tell you quite yet.
Our job is to keep our work out of the wrong hands. But more than that, we need people on our team who believe in the mission to safeguard privacy amidst 21st century interactions. It’s more than a job, it’s a movement on the frontlines of privacy and commerce affecting tens of millions every year.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help Engineering with of our key product. The Full Stack Developer is a professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product.
As Full Stack Developer, you will work on both front-end and back-end systems using our tech stack primarily based on Java. You will need to have the ability to view your development holistically to cater to both user-experience and in functionality. You will need to understand how your decisions in design impact not only usability but scalability too.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Write clean, functional code on the front and back-end
- General testing and bug fixing or other coding duties
- Problem solving mentality
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Write effective APIs
- Work with UX to ensure your designs have appealing visual design
- Be the first round of QA on your code
- Ensure responsive and efficient code
- Code with security in mind not as an afterthought
- Document your work
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Gain an understanding of our key products – Learning our key products within a short period of time will be essential in becoming effective as a Senior Developer.
- Meet the release schedules – As we have a well-formed roadmap and backlog it is important to make sure you can help drive to mee the release schedules we have and be a key member in informing the team when or if we are off track. Predictability is going to be a key metric for the engineering teams
- Proactive Team Player – You are a member of the development and engineering teams so as a result you will be required to work with other Developers and Engineers on your team and across the organization. Often remotely. Being proactive and empathetic as a team member is always welcomed and will be required for AuthenticID to be a success.
- Must Have: 5+ years of professional experience building large scale full stack applications
- 4-8 years of demonstrable professional software development experience working on projects of increasing complexity and including proactive technical leadership and mentoring
- Willingness to work within a Lean Software Development process doing trunk-based development and continuous deployment
- Demonstrable applied knowledge of algorithms and data structures, dependency injection, unit testing and test-driven development, OOA&D, SOLID and packaging principles, design patterns, software architecture, microservice concepts and patterns, scalability, security, twelve-factor applications, distributed computing, and domain-driven design
- Proficiency with Full stack applications React/Java
- Java (or Go/Node.js but we use Java mainly!)
- NoSQL - MongoDB, SQL - MySQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Kubernetes, Docker preferred
- RESTful API experience
- Entrepreneurship skills or experience.
- Creative thinker.
- Strategic thinking.
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Outstanding communication, and presentation skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details.
- Active listening
- WebAssembly = nice to have
- Reactive Programming using WebFlux = nice to Have
- Computer science degree nice to have
- Excellent problem solving skills and exceptional attention to details.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in a team-first, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Background check and drug screening required.
- Competitive salary and option grants
- Flexible hours and recovery days
- Medical & Dental Insurance, and Life
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
LOCATION: Seattle, WA region (preferred), to include possible work-from-home
AuthenticID is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're passionate about consumer identity privacy and a team player who wants to join a growing diverse and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!